Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sleepovers and Accidents

Tomorrow, me and my girl are having a girls night in! I asked her if she would ever consider having a sleepover with a friend, and she told me that she'd like to have a sleepover with me. Well, I think this is a brilliant idea. Her Aspergers may keep her from wanting an actual other human being around her all night, but damned if we'll let that stop us.

There will be chips and dip, ice cream (of course!), strawberry lemonade - Emeril Lagasse's recipe - with flat water rather than sparkling water (as bubbles in her drinks aren't at all pleasurable for her). Such a wonderfully girly drink, no? And daddy will be bringing home an olive and green pepper pizza after work. We are going to play dinosaurs, and I have picked a nice make believe game of hairdresser to play afterward. Then, to end the night, warm milk with maple syrup, while tucked under a quilt to watch "Ice Age - Dawn of the Dinosaurs" - her all time favourite movie.

No mommy duty tomorrow. Which is nice - I can forget about the fact that I somehow broke the garage door yesterday morning (repair man coming to see why the door is cracked at the top, and to see if the springs are about to . . . well, unspring). I can also forget about the fact that my  container of hand wipes leaked sanitizing fluid all over my cell phone, which is no longer turning on. My purse is a sopping mess, but at least it's clean. Oh, and did I mention that I accidentally smashed my husband's laptop into oblivion a couple of months ago by dropping a hand weight on it? And let's not forget the incident last month when I spilled hot coffee all over my laptop rendering my keyboard useless. My clever husband took the keyboard off his old laptop (you know, the one I smashed) and put it on my laptop. I do believe he is getting fed up with all my "accidents." 

Yup. Tomorrow I am a 5 year old girl at a sleepover. And no one can get mad at a 5 year old for accidentally breaking anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment