Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tougher than a T-Rex

Well, she's off to grade 2 today. Yesterday was full of anxiety, tears, and anger, but it looks like she let it all out, and was prepared as she could be for the first day of school.

I'm so proud of her. I picked her up for lunch and we talked about her new teacher and being back at school. It's difficult - she's unsure of everything, and doesn't like the fact that things are quite different than last year - but she's hanging in there. It's all we can ask. She's brave, determined, and I know she's capable of this and so, so, so, much more.


She's tougher than a T-Rex! I loved that she picked out this shirt to wear today.

On another note, look what I found on my kitchen chair the other day:

Gotta love those women palaeontologists who can hand feed a T-Rex.

Happy first day of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment