Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ouch.

This morning, while getting A ready for school, I pinched a nerve in my neck. And no, I wasn't doing any heavy lifting, or some other very physical activity. I just stretched. Reached my arms up in the air and went for a nice big morning stretch, and then felt an odd pull on my neck. Uh-Oh. Two minutes later I felt my neck getting stiffer and stiffer. And now I can't move it up or down, left or right. My very happy daughter gets to stay home from school today, and her very unhappy mother is moving like a robot. A malfunctioning robot.

In the meantime, I am trying to stay mobile (as apparently it will help blood flow to the area and help with pain management - and it's working!) And I think I should knit. I'm working on baby sweaters for my cousin who is expecting twins! A boy and a girl! Love how quickly little baby sweaters knit up. And I am very, very patiently (although I've pretty much run out of it) waiting for the yarn for A's birthday sweater. I'm knitting Tiny Tea Leaves Cardigan (pattern by Melissa LaBarre) and ordered 4 skeins of Madelinetosh Vintage superwash merino for it, but have yet to receive it in the mail. Apparently the yarn has been delayed at customs. Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment