Sunday, October 16, 2011

Meltdowns and Manicures

Today was a doozy of a day. I'm sitting here, at 12:30am, early Sunday morning, and I'm wondering how it was that this day turned out to be so difficult. I mean really, really, bleeping diffcult. My darling daughter had what felt like a million meltdowns today. The last of which ended up with her hitting herself over and over again in anger and frustration. There was lots of screaming. I mean the-neighbours-are-going-to-call-the-police kind of screaming. Thank goodness our bodies are designed to sleep, because it is the only quiet we've had all day.


Oh, how I love her, but oh, how hard it was today. 


On a brighter note, I found a colour of nail polish today that I love! Sally Hansen's "Plum's the Word" (I mean, hello, how cute is that)? I never do my nails - this is the first time in years that I have put nail polish on - but this weekend I just felt like having painted nails. I tried three different colours before I finally found "Plum's the Word". That's a helluva lot of toxic fumes wafting through the house. But, I love the colour and it was fun. Pleasure in small things, and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment