Sunday, October 24, 2010

Cranberry-Apple Oatmeal

Our morning today started with a hearty bowl of oatmeal. Little A loves oatmeal, and now that the cool fall weather has arrived, it has become our go-to breakfast to take the chill off frosty mornings. But, today I had an odd craving for cranberries. I have never put cranberries in our oatmeal (never thought of it) but this morning, I took a handful of cranberries out of the freezer and tossed them in with the oatmeal, along with some chopped apple, cinnamon, and a spoonful of maple syrup. Delicious and satisfying. A loved it (I mean, the kid savoured each and every bite) and then she asked me to take a picture of it.

"Sure. Why?"

"So I can look at it later. After it's all in my tum-tum. Then I'll remember how yummy it is."

Good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment