Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dinosaur Quilt

It's been awhile since I picked up the fabric for the dinosaur quilt I'm attempting to make for my daughter for Christmas. I started it in earnest over the summer, but I got lazy with the long days of summer. But! The crisp breezes of autumn have arrived, and with it, my longing to quilt. The fabric is cut, and half triangles are pieced. Now the hard part - how shall I arrange them?

Maybe,
 or,
 or,

My husband votes for the first one, although he does like the last one too (at first, though, he declared them all the same. Not so, dear.) The more I look at them, I think I find the first one to be the most pleasing. I think the red dinosaur patches pop out with the pale yellow fabric behind it. And for my daughter, the dinosaurs on the red fabric will be the stars of the quilt.


And how I love, love, love the brown fossil fabric. What luck in finding it! My dear girl thinks it very important that dinosaurs look like real dinosaurs. No cute cartoonish, colourful dinosaurs for her. Nope. They must look the way paleontologists think they might have looked. And she thinks they are beautiful. So, I am thrilled that we were able to find fabric that appeals so much to her, while still being able to make it, well, kind of "girly". I hope to start sewing strips together soon. And in the meantime, any ideas for a border??

No comments:

Post a Comment