Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dinosaur Therapy




Today was one of those days. It was a hard day, and it came on the heels of a rather hard week. Little A has had a week of meltdowns and tantrums. There has been yelling and crying and weeping and whining. My poor girl is utterly exhausted with the daily job of just getting through school. And my heart breaks for her.

But today, a little sun. I was making dinner and watched as dinosaurs began to make their way in. Two by two, they were quietly marched in by little hands and quiet roars. There were no words, and no more conversations designed to help her cope. There were only dinosaurs. And lots of play. Dinosaur eggs were hatching! And as A organized her safe little world, I saw the weight of all her worries drift away.

Oh, how I love her. And oh, how I love those dinosaurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment